Sunday, November 18, 2007

Idle threats or cause for concern?

UPDATE POST



If you've read somewhat of my posts. You see that I like to make some predictions. Sometimes they come true and sometimes they don't. Well, I'm not one to say I told you so, or rub noses in it. But this is a disturbing comment.

In my
Recent article on Hugo Chavez, the presidential dictator of Venezuela and the Iranian President Mahmoud Amadinejad, or the Hitler of the Middle East, I made a prediction. My prediction was simple. Oil prices will raise to $200 a barrel by the end of 2008, pending a new war with Iran.

At an OPEC meeting, Venezuelan President made the exact same comments and predictions. Are his threats idle or are they a real cause for concern?

Hugo Chavez:

"If the United States attempts the madness of invading Iran or attacking
Venezuela again, the price of oil is probably going to reach $200, not just
$100."

My Prediction:

Well here you go, here's another prediction I've been telling my wife for a few months now. Oil will reach $200 a barrel by the end of 2008 and gas will cost up to $6 a gallon. The United States will be in a fight with Iran, defending Israel on a preemptive strike on Iran before they were able to release a nuke. This will cause oil prices to go up.


Here are some articles that support the prediction:

Hugo Chavez warning the United States if they attack Iran or Venezuela again, that oil would raise to $200 a barrel.



The United States and Israel are drafting up plans to deal with Iran that has acquired a nuclear weapon.

And this would be where I would link articles about Cheney vowing to go to war with Iran before the end of 2008. But I'm sure you could google it and pull up about a hundred or so articles on the topic.



Hopefully these are just idle threats. I'm getting pretty poor at the gas pumps.

No comments: