Monday, November 19, 2007

Shocked...



The Story.

On Thursday 3 boys ranging from the ages of 8 and 9 years old raped an 11 year old girl in Georgia. One of the boys father has said, in defense of his son, that the sex was consensual and there was no force involved and that the girl didn't want her parents angry with her. So she called this incident a rape.


The police officer states that an 11 year old cannot give consensual sex.

You know either way the story turns out. If the sex was consensual, whether that's legal or not, or if the little girl was raped by little boys. This would be a perfect example as to why i'm Pro-choice. Despite my spiritual beliefs and political affiliations. I know that people make big mistakes. There are so many urges that people refuse to deny for whatever reason and they wind up getting pregnant.

Some of these people are not ready to have children. They cannot mentally, emotionally, physically and monetarily care for a child. It's not fair for the child to be denied all the things a growing kid needs.

So if a woman wants to have an abortion to correct her mistake then she should be allowed to. These kids are definitely not being monitored properly or being eductated the correct way. There is no way in the world my two kids would know about any of this stuff at these ages.

It's shocking enough that kids from the age of 8 to 11 would have the amount of knowledge about sex as they do. But to physically take, or not take... i'm waiting for the outcome... sex from an 11 year old.

I'm a big history buff. I learn from the mistakes of others and try not to repeat history. I'd hate to use these kids as an example to educate my kids in the proper way but my god. Whatever happened to boys getting all their friends together, digging around the garage for an old baseball and bat and running over to the local run down baseball field to play ball with their friends. Or even for these new kids, mowing as many lawns as they could so they could get the latest video game and go over to their friends house to play. Since when did being a kid become so serious? Something needs to be changed.

This sory makes me sad and I hope to never read anything about it in the future - although common sense tells me that I most likely will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is the first time i've been on your blog and i'm the type of person who likes to put my 2 cents in here and there!!! i like this blog, you defiantly think a lot like me!! but ya my friend has done both, she's done the abortion and she's given her child up for adoption, and she said the abortion is easier to deal with mentally then the adoption because she knows her child that she aborted is safe in heaven with our savior, but she's constantly worrying about her child that she has given up for adoption. she was supposed to have an open adoption where she could see her child anytime she wanted to and write it letters and stuff like that but the family she gave it to is not co-operating (i don't think i spelled that right!)with their end of the deal, so she has a lot of mental anguish from the whole thing. i was going to give my son up for adoption as well when i was pregnant with him, and i had a family and everything picked out for him, and i actually did end up giving him away for the weekend to that family and it was like the HARDEST thing i ever went through!! I tell everyone that giving my child away hurt worse then the physical pain i went through giving birth to him. so ya, that's why i'm pro-choice!!