Saturday, November 17, 2007

20/20 no more

A few years ago I had perfect vision. The last time I was tested was in the Marine Corps when I was interested in the Scout Sniper program. Definitely need perfect vision for that sort of job.

Now, I've slowly noticed that my vision has gone to crap. I've been arguing with myself and anyone else who said I can't see. "I SEE JUST FINE!" But after today I realized that my vision really is bad.

I was driving in the car with my wife and there were two high school kids walking down the street towards us. The one on the right was a girl and the one on the left was a girl.

The closer and closer we get I realized that the one on the left was not a girl but an emo-attired guy. (rubs eyes)

I don't understand some fads. But this wasn't a fictional story for an attempt at humor. It really did happen.



I miss the days of clean cut people. Call me old fashioned. (waits)

Ok, now that you have that out of your system.

... Call me old fashioned, but I really feel that people need to clean themselves up. Some exceptions do apply. For guys of course. Unshaven girls.... ick.


UPDATE:
So I just showed The Fury Wife this blog and showed her the picture I used for the emo kid. Her response was "Did she know that you used her picture?" ROFL "WHAT?! Is it a boy? I don't have my glasses on!"

The Fury wife strikes again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! brilliant! i love your wife's reaction!

and i agree about looking clean cut. too many times do i see someone and i'm like.. is that a chick or a dude? wtf????

Anonymous said...

haha kids these days right!? That happens me too, and i'm 23!!! I'll be walking down the street thinking "damn that's an ugly girl" and I get up close and it's a guy!