Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pretty Excited!

Well, as many of you know, but some may not... I'm a stay at home dad. I'm recently out of the Marines and it's easier right now to just sit at home with my two little ones.

So of course money is tight. I've felt pretty guilty being such an advocate for the Ron Paul campaign, but unable to donate any money or buy anything from his store.

Well since I have the most amazing wife in the world! And it is the christmas season! And the fact that we suck at keeping surprises for christmas....

... I've found out that I'll be getting a Ron Paul T-shirt for xmas and it's not much but I'll be able to donate $20 on the 16th of december during the Tea Party money bomb which honestly means a lot to me. So I have to say, with the exception of my daughter being born 5 days after christmas, this is the best christmas I've had in many, many, many years.

We also got to splurge on christmas gifts for the kids. (Thankfully they can't read yet. Too young). Both of the kids are obsessed with playing in the kitchen, and we took them to a learning center a few months back and they wouldn't leave this Toy kitchen play set alone. So we went to Toys 'R' Us and got them one.

We also picked up a big bucket of plastic food and a kick ass little microwave (actually moves with lights and a dinger). It even has a little timer on it like a real microwave and counts down until it's ready.

We also picked up my son a lot of 'Cars' the movie toys and bought my daughter a small Disney Princess baseball bat and ball.

And my daughter got a real life child sized stroller with car seat and a baby. (she's obsessed with babies).

And we got a bunch of other little stuff like that. Also a plastic T-ball stand and ball for my son.

For those of you who do not know. My family is huge into baseball. My uncle played against some major league baseball players while in High School and did well against them (Bobby Bonds, etc).

And for me I played against dozens, and dozens of Major League players and big college stars at major universities. Out of high school I had dozens of scholarship offers from big baseball schools like ASU, Cal State Fullerton, etc.

I did well in College and was promised a first round draft pick from the Baltimore Orioles and during my high school days I was rated the best high school catcher in the entire country. So long story short my family is nuts for baseball. And i'm insanely excited to be able to work with my son in baseball. It's a family tradition.

Unfortunately I injured my shoulder during college and was never the same player again. Even to this day I still hurt if I throw a ball.

So yea, that's how my days been. It's been a long time since I've been able to be extremely happy. How about everyone else. how are your days going?!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im so happy you get to help out on Teaparty day! No amount is to small! As of right now I've Donated 100 bucks with the sells of my breyers but saving the rest for sunday.
Christmas has been nice to me this year, my hubby suprised me with a Dishwasher! I've been washing dishes by hand for so long that I forgot what smooth soft hands felt like. I have two son's Tevin just turned seven on the sixth, and Austin 2 1/2 years old.
Austin is big into any car or pickup that can pull a trailer, and tevin loves games, and horses.
We found a sony playstation 2 for Tevin but im not sure whos going to play it more, my son or my husband. I bought a high powered scope for my husbands 270 rifel, he's been wanting one for so long now. Its cool has night light green cross arrows!
Thats so neat that you have some true American roots with the great American past time, Baseball. You know Ron Paul played minor leagues didn't you? Im sure you already knew that. Im also certain that the news today regarding performance drugs and some of the sports greatest players came as a low blow to you too. Maybe not, but being a fan myself it did to me.
I just wanted to let you know, keep the wonderful things your doing for each and everyone of us. Its great to have a place to go to keep up with the "turth" in news instead of the same of dog and pony show we get with the MSM.
Thanks Dave, and Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Alisha