Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The right to bear arms.



The Story.


I really don't know how this litte fact has eluded me. I wasn't aware of it until my father informed me yesterday over the telephone.

I can definitely understand the reasoning behind banning weapons by citizens in Washington D.C. Who would want armed civilians in the same location as ALL of our elected officials.

What an Irony though to be the center of freedom and deny those the very freedom we've fought so hard for for hundreds of years. It's like your parents telling you, "Now do as I say! and not as I do!"

I think that this will become a very hot topic for the presidential debates very soon. In my humble opinion, i'm all for the right to bear arms in Washington. The crime rate is out of control in the area and who knows, it may decline sharply after a law is passed to allow citizens to carry firearms. (Many would argue that legal guns increase crime rate, I beg to differ)

No comments: