Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A New Puppy

WOOOOT! Finally!


Well, it's been a couple years coming now. The wife has been taking me to a pet store every week (sometimes two times a week) since we met. She's obsessed with having a puppy.


Well I was grabbing something for my daughter out of my room when I heard some whimpering coming from my window. (The walls are so thin around here that I can hear peoples conversations down the hall!) So I look out the window and my neighbors were outside with a litter of puppies.


So I had two choices here. I could be extremely kind and surprise my daughter and wife by taking them outside to see the puppies... OR I could turn up the T.V. really loud so they couldn't hear the same whimper.


I grab my kiddo and threw shoes on her feet and I asked my wife if she wanted to come outside with me. She gave me a sideways look and came outside. Her face lit up so bright when she saw those 5 furballs crawling about on the grass getting some puppy exersize.


We found our favorite and asked if they planned on selling them. They said that they were giving them away for free. This was the moms third litter and this will be her last also.


So we grabbed a puppy and asked if we could have him. They turned four weeks old as of Vertans Day, Monday, so we have another two weeks to wait until they're fully weened off the mom.


We already gave him a name. He's so incredibly adorable. The Fury Wife came up with Muttley from those Hanana Barbara Cartoons -- you know that dog who snickered deceptively a lot. Roaming around with Dick Dasterdly. The same guy did the voice for Scooby Doo as well. And for some odd reason I completed the puppies name with Muttley Beauregard. Well it was officially Muttley Beauregard III (the third) But the wife wasn't digging that. So that was vetoed. I asked congress to overturn her veto but they were too scared to come up with the necessary 2/3rd vote. Jerks.


So we pick him up in 2 weeks and get to take him to the vet and get him the necessary puppy house stuff. We're all pretty excited. It will be a good birthday gift for my son when he gets home! oh and he's a strange mix muttley too. His dad is half Chow and half Huskey and his mom is Half Chihuahua and half Jack Russel. Muttley definitely takes on the jack russel look.










2 comments:

Lauren said...

I want one! Your daughter looks so happy, its adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

AWWWW you're daughter is so precious :)!! i love her curly hair!! my son has curly hair too!!! I like you're puppy too-I'm going to steal both of them!!! (JUST KIDDING!!!!!!)